Welcome to MAC!
How to Swim with MAC:
Sign Up for USMS:
A current year US Masters Swimming (USMS) Membership is required to provide personal insurance while you are in the pool. This membership allows you to swim at any USMS/Michigan Master swim meet throughout the year. To join USMS visit: usms.org.
Join the MAC Team:
To swim with MAC you must officially join the team. All new members will receive a MAC cap and car sticker with their first year registration. An active/current MAC Team Membership is required swim with MAC. To purchase a MAC Team Membership – CLICK HERE.
Purchase a Swim Membership:
Membership options include: Daily, 1-Month, 3-Month, 6 Month, 9-Month and Annual memberships. Save by purchasing multiple month memberships. Swim memberships allow UNLIMITED SWIM VISITS for the duration of the membership. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership – CLICK HERE.
Complete the MAC Waiver:
You must complete a MAC Waiver, once a year.
To complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
Complete the MAC Health Screen Form:
Every time you come to the pool, you must complete a MAC Heath Screen Form. The form is located on the MAC website: top navigation bar, on the far right. This form is required by Huron Valley Pools. To complete the MAC Health Screen Form – CLICK HERE.
- Covid-19. Please wear a mask as you enter/exit the building and pool (more about HVPF procedures below). As we swim in the era of Covid-19. Please be aware of other swimmers in your lane, and pool. When you are at the wall, please stagger, and try to maintain as much social distance as possible.
- Check-In Procedures: When you arrive at the pool, you do NOT need to punch a card at the front desk. Please check-in with the coach on deck, to confirm your current MAC team and swim membership.
- HVPF Procedures:
• EVERYTIME BEFORE you come to the pool: Complete the Mac Heath Screen questionnaire with includes taking your own temperature. CLICK HERE to access this form.
• Locker rooms: – Not available. Plan on coming and going in your suit.
• Bathrooms – The 5 family changing rooms will be open, the first one (closest to the front desk office) is to be used as a restroom only. Plan for the no locker rooms.
• Masks are required at all times when you are any place in the facility – except when you are in the water.
- HVPF MAC Punches: Please email Shannon Loso with HVPF email@example.com to get a refund or you can also use your old punches for a visit to the pool during Open Swim hours.
- USMS Membership – Why?: We are requiring a current USMS membership to provide personal insurance to you while you are in the pool. With that membership – you can also participate in any USMS/Michigan Masters swim meet throughout the year.
- MAC Trial: MAC offer a 1-Week Free trial to prospective members to see what our practices, coaches, and facilities are like. You must have an active USMS annual membership, or a 1-week USMS trail membership to swim with MAC. To join USMS visit: usms.org. An active/current USMS Membership is required to register with MAC. You must also join the MAC team. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership and complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
- Inclement Weather/Practice Cancellation Policy: When Huron Valley schools are closed there will be NO Morning MAC practice, and MAC coaches will send out a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification. For Evening Practice a determination will be made by 4:00 pm, based on current conditions, as to whether there will be practice, and a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification will be send out at that time.
Coronavirus and Swimming: What You Need to Know… What’s changed since March and how that might impact your swimming?
by Elaine K Howley, July 27, 2020
When the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus outbreak a pandemic in mid-March, swimming stopped for a lot of us. Pools around the country closed, and as of late July, only some have reopened, and many are operating in a much-reduced capacity. New protocols have been instituted to help keep swimmers safe, and each facility is approaching its reopening plans a little differently, based on local conditions and regulations.
Over the past five months, we’ve learned a lot about this new disease and how it’s transmitted. Although there’s still a lot that isn’t clear about the coronavirus and the potentially deadly disease it causes, COVID-19 (also called SARS-CoV-2), we have learned a great deal about what to expect from infections and how to slow transmission.
With regards to swimming, here’s a summary of current public health advisories and scientific understanding of what you need to know. Awareness of these key aspects of the virus and how it moves can help you keep safe as pools around the country resume operations.
To continue reading this article, visit the USMS website, or – CLICK HERE
2019 Michigan State Meet Champions!
Club News:View All
Milford Athletic Club is a Non-Profit (501)c Masters swim club that swims at Huron Valley Pools and Fitness (HVPF). MAC welcomes all adult swimmers (ages 18 and up) of any ability: beginner, former high school, age group, fitness, triathlete or college swimmers. We offer numerous organized workouts a week. Each workout is coached by a certified Masters coach and runs 1-1/2 hours. Swimmers are grouped by ability into separate lanes, and workouts will vary depending the lane. We off a 1-week FREE trial membership. To join the MAC team, and sign up for Swim Memberships, please visit the MAC Memberships tab at the top of this website.
MAC has won The Michigan State Championship Meet (Michigan Masters), the past SEVEN consecutive years 2013-2019.
Why Swim with MAC?
• Fun and camaraderie in the pool • Learn correct stroke techniques • Increase the efficiency of your strokes • Develop more physical endurance • Certified coaches • Organized summer open water swims and coached summer open water workouts.