‘Tis The Season. Give the Gift of MAC…
Now On Sale!
10 Visit MAC Pack: Buy 10 • Save $10
5 Visit MAC Pack: Buy 5 • Save $5
This is a LIMITED TIME offer. Stock up for yourself, or give as a gift. Visits can be used at any time, and never expire. If your purchasing this as a gift, a printable Gift Certificate is available at checkout. To swim with MAC, a $5 Annual Team Membership, and current USMS Membership are also required.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Visit the SHOP tab or CLICK HERE
A Virtual Event – Join Us!
Due to the latest Statewide shutdown, The MAC team has come up with another MAC Virtual Competition to keep us all active, safe, and connected during the Thanksgiving holiday and shutdown!
This competition will run from Sunday, November 22nd through December 8th. (Sign Up/Entry is open throughout competition run).
CLICK HERE – for Complete Event Details
Track your progress, checkoff your events as you do them, and see how others are doing – CLICK HERE
- Sign up/Regsiter for the event – CLICK HERE. This is a virtual event costs $25, and INCLUDES A T-SHIRT! You can sign up/enter anytime during the entire competition run. Friends and family are welcome to join!
- MAC will make a donation to a local food bank with proceeds.
- The goal is to complete all the events on your Thanksgiving Table of events. There are no winners or losers, just a fun challenge.
- Choose your option: Choose SURF (pool) or TURF (land), or complete them BOTH! You can complete the events in ANY ORDER. To view complete event details, and Thanksgiving Table Events – CLICK HERE
- There’s also SIX – Black Friday Blowout Bonus Events – if your up for an extra challenge!
- After you register, you can begin anytime you want. Track your progress, CHECKOFF your events as you do them, and see how others are doing – by adding your name to the interactive Google Event Doc. – CLICK HERE
- Check with Huron Valley Pools and Fitness for OPEN SWIM times. Pools times are available at both Milford and Lakeland. – CLICK HERE
- We will get your t-shirt to you – via US Mail, or In Person – as soon as they are available from the printer.
- This is what MAC is all about – connections and the MAC Family! So, sign up, invite some new people, get moving, and let’s show our MAC Spirit even when we can’t be together!
News Update: November 17, 2020
Please Note: Durning the Michigan mandated shutdown, all MAC practices have been cancelled. All MAC swim memberships will be frozen during this time. When practice resumes, all membership expiration dates will be extended accordingly.
How to Swim with MAC:
Sign Up for USMS:
A current year US Masters Swimming (USMS) Membership is required to provide personal insurance while you are in the pool. This membership allows you to swim at any USMS/Michigan Master swim meet throughout the year. To join USMS visit: usms.org.
Join the MAC Team:
To swim with MAC you must officially join the team. All new members will receive a MAC cap and car sticker with their first year registration. An active/current MAC Team Membership is required swim with MAC. To purchase a MAC Team Membership – CLICK HERE.
Purchase a Swim Membership:
Membership options include: Daily, 1-Month, 3-Month, 6 Month, 9-Month and Annual memberships. Save by purchasing multiple month memberships. Swim memberships allow UNLIMITED SWIM VISITS for the duration of the membership. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership – CLICK HERE.
Complete the MAC Waiver:
You must complete a MAC Waiver, once a year.
To complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
Complete the MAC Health Screen Form:
Every time you come to the pool, you must complete a MAC Heath Screen Form. The form is located on the MAC website: top navigation bar, on the far right. This form is required by Huron Valley Pools. To complete the MAC Health Screen Form – CLICK HERE.
- Covid-19. Please wear a mask as you enter/exit the building and pool (more about HVPF procedures below). As we swim in the era of Covid-19. Please be aware of other swimmers in your lane, and pool. When you are at the wall, please stagger, and try to maintain as much social distance as possible.
- Check-In Procedures: When you arrive at the pool, you do NOT need to punch a card at the front desk. Please check-in with the coach on deck, to confirm your current MAC team and swim membership.
- HVPF Procedures:
• EVERYTIME BEFORE you come to the pool: Complete the Mac Heath Screen questionnaire with includes taking your own temperature. CLICK HERE to access this form.
• Locker rooms: – Not available. Plan on coming and going in your suit.
• Bathrooms – The 5 family changing rooms will be open, the first one (closest to the front desk office) is to be used as a restroom only. Plan for the no locker rooms.
• Masks are required at all times when you are any place in the facility – except when you are in the water.
- HVPF MAC Punches: Please email Shannon Loso with HVPF firstname.lastname@example.org to get a refund or you can also use your old punches for a visit to the pool during Open Swim hours.
- USMS Membership – Why?: We are requiring a current USMS membership to provide personal insurance to you while you are in the pool. With that membership – you can also participate in any USMS/Michigan Masters swim meet throughout the year.
- MAC Trial: MAC offer a 1-Week Free trial to prospective members to see what our practices, coaches, and facilities are like. You must have an active USMS annual membership, or a 1-week USMS trail membership to swim with MAC. To join USMS visit: usms.org. An active/current USMS Membership is required to register with MAC. You must also join the MAC team. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership and complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
- Practice Cancellation Policy: When Huron Valley schools are closed there will be NO Morning MAC practice, and MAC coaches will send out a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification. For Evening Practice a determination will be made by 4:00 pm, based on current conditions, as to whether there will be practice, and a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification will be send out at that time.
Coronavirus and Swimming: What You Need to Know… What’s changed since March and how that might impact your swimming?
by Elaine K Howley, July 27, 2020
When the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus outbreak a pandemic in mid-March, swimming stopped for a lot of us. Pools around the country closed, and as of late July, only some have reopened, and many are operating in a much-reduced capacity. New protocols have been instituted to help keep swimmers safe, and each facility is approaching its reopening plans a little differently, based on local conditions and regulations.
Over the past five months, we’ve learned a lot about this new disease and how it’s transmitted. Although there’s still a lot that isn’t clear about the coronavirus and the potentially deadly disease it causes, COVID-19 (also called SARS-CoV-2), we have learned a great deal about what to expect from infections and how to slow transmission.
With regards to swimming, here’s a summary of current public health advisories and scientific understanding of what you need to know. Awareness of these key aspects of the virus and how it moves can help you keep safe as pools around the country resume operations.
To continue reading this article, visit the USMS website, or – CLICK HERE
2019 Michigan State Meet Champions!
Club News:View All
Welcome to MAC
Milford Athletic Club is a Non-Profit (501)c Masters swim club that swims at Huron Valley Pools and Fitness (HVPF). MAC welcomes all adult swimmers (ages 18 and up) of any ability: beginner, former high school, age group, fitness, triathlete or college swimmers. We offer approximately eight organized workouts a week. Each workout is coached by a certified Masters coach and runs 1-1/2 hours. Swimmers are grouped by ability into separate lanes, and workouts will vary depending the lane. We off a 1-week FREE trial membership. To join the MAC team, and sign up for Swim Memberships, please visit the MAC Memberships tab at the top of this website.
MAC has won The Michigan State Championship Meet (Michigan Masters), the past SEVEN consecutive years 2013-2019.
Why Swim with MAC?
• Fun and camaraderie in the pool • Learn correct stroke techniques • Increase the efficiency of your strokes • Develop more physical endurance • Certified coaches • Organized summer open water swims and coached summer open water workouts.
To swim with MAC you can purchase a 20 visit punch card. HVPF members the cost is $75, and non-HVPF members the cost is $125. Complete registration details are available at HuronValleyRec.com
Are you new? Your first 3 MAC visits are FREE!
Are you interested in swimming, but don’t know how to get started? MAC Lite is for those adults who are interested in learning to swim for fitness, triathlon, or competition. MAC Lite will work on the proper stroke technique for all four strokes and aim to slowly integrate swimmers into the 1-1/2 hour MAC practices. MAC Lite runs in 5-7 week sessions. Each session will build on skills learned in previous weeks but swimmers are welcome to join at any time. No experience is required, but a good swim suit and googles are recommended. Your first three visits are free.
To swim with MAC Lite you can purchase a 20 visit punch card. HVPF members the cost is $75, and non-HVPF members the cost is $125. Complete registration details are available at HuronValleyRec.com. Different HVPF membership options are available for college students and seniors.
2020 Session Dates:
Two Eight Week Sessions:
January 6th – February 27th: Mondays, 7:00-7:45 PM and Thursdays, 8:45-9:30 AM
March 2nd – April 23rd: Mondays, 7:00-7:45 PM and Thursdays, 8:45-9:30 AM
Separate Huron Valley Pools and Fitness memberships are also available and include access to both facilities (Milford High School, and Lakeland High School). Facilities both include a Lap Pool, Community Pool, Indoor Track, Weight/Fitness Room, and Specialized Fitness Classes and Programs. For more information about Huron Valley Pools and Fitness please visit: www.HuronValleyRec.com
Inclement Weather Policy:
When Huron Valley schools are closed there will be NO Morning MAC practice, and MAC coaches will send out a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification. For Evening Practice a determination will be made by 4:00 pm, based on current conditions, as to whether there will be practice, and a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification will be send out at that time.