Welcome to MAC!
How to Swim with MAC:
Welcome and thank you for your interest in swimming with MAC (Milford Athletic Club). During the regular season (September-May), MAC offers practices six days a week for all levels of swimmers, beginner to the former collegiate swimmer. Our current practice schedule is on the right side of the home page. Our home pool is Milford High School in Milford, MI and we also have practices at Lakeland High School pool in White Lake, MI. To purchase, and complete detailed information about MAC memberships – visit the “Purchase A Membership/Shop” Navigation tab at the top of this website. You can also inquire by email at email@example.com.
Interested in checking us out? We offer a one-week trial membership before purchasing a swim membership. For detailed information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
USMS Visitors from out of town: You must have a current (active) USMS membership and show proof of membership (paper or digital) to the coach on deck. Visitors can swim at a MAC practice – free of charge but please email us that you will be attending so we can notify the coach on deck. email@example.com
MAC Weekly Communication
MAC sends out a weekly email to the team, with all of the important team information for the upcoming week including: upcoming practice schedule, meet schedule, and many other important items, to keep everyone up-to-date. If you have a current MAC swim membership, you should automatically receive our team email. If you would like to receive our weekly email, but do not have a current swim membership, you can purchase a MAC $5 Annual Team membership. This will also add you to our email communication. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Swim with MAC?
• Fun and camaraderie in the pool • Learn correct stroke techniques • Increase the efficiency of your strokes • Develop more physical endurance • Certified coaches • Organized summer open water swims and coached summer open water workouts.
Milford Athletic Club is a Non-Profit (501)c Masters swim club that swims at Huron Valley Pools. MAC welcomes all adult swimmers (ages 18 and up) of any ability: beginner, former high school, age group, fitness, triathlete or college swimmers. We offer numerous organized workouts a week. Each workout is coached by a certified Masters coach and runs 1-1/2 hours. Swimmers are grouped by ability into separate lanes, and workouts will vary depending the lane. We off a 1-week FREE trial membership. To join the MAC team, and sign up for Swim Memberships, please visit the MAC Memberships tab at the top of this website.
MAC has won The Michigan State Championship Meet (Michigan Masters), SEVEN consecutive years 2013-2019.
MAC 6:00am Club
- Mondays @ 6:00am
- Wednesdays @ 6:00am
- Fridays @ 6:00am
HOW IT WORKS:
- Workouts are designed by Coach Maria to optimize your athletic performance. Coach Maria is a certified Personal Trainer.
- 6:00-6:45am via Zoom, on Monday / Wednesday / Friday.
- ALL exercises are designed and modified to fit YOUR ability. PLEASE email Coach Maria so she can tailor the workout to fit your ability level, and give the access codes.
- Three different strength and mobility workouts offered each week. Monday: Strength, Wednesday: Suspend, Friday: Mobility
These Classes are INCLUDED with a MAC Season Pass. You can also use a 1-Day Swim Pass, or one of the 10 Visit MAC Pack visits to participate in the 6:00AM Club.
- USMS Membership – Why?: We are requiring a current USMS membership to provide personal insurance to you while you are in the pool. With that membership – you can also participate in any USMS/Michigan Masters swim meet throughout the year.
- MAC Trial: MAC offer a 1-Week Free trial to prospective members to see what our practices, coaches, and facilities are like. You must have an active USMS annual membership, or a 1-week USMS trail membership to swim with MAC. To join USMS visit: usms.org. An active/current USMS Membership is required to register with MAC. You must also join the MAC team. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership and complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
- Inclement Weather/Practice Cancellation Policy: When Huron Valley schools are closed there will be NO Morning MAC practice, and MAC coaches will send out a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification. For Evening Practice a determination will be made by 4:00 pm, based on current conditions, as to whether there will be practice, and a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification will be send out at that time.