Welcome to MAC!
How to Swim with MAC:
Welcome and thank you for your interest in swimming with MAC (Milford Athletic Club). MAC offers practices six days a week for all levels of swimmers, beginner to the former collegiate swimmer. Our current practice schedule is on the right side of the home page. Our home pool is Milford High School and we also have practices at Lakeland High School. To purchase, and complete detailed information about MAC memberships – visit the “Purchase A Membership/Shop” Navigation tab at the top of this website. You can also inquire by email at email@example.com
Interested in checking us out? We offer a one-week trial membership before joining. Please visit our membership page with more details about trial memberships and email us before attending practice. firstname.lastname@example.org
USMS Visitors from out of town: You must have a current USMS membership and show proof of membership (paper or digital) to the coach on deck. All visitors are free of charge but please email us that you will be attending so we can notify the coach on deck. email@example.com
2023 Summer Schedule & Events:
MAC Swim Practice – 25-Yard Indoor Pool (Begins in June. Exact dates TBA)
- Tuesday: Lakeland HS Pool: 9:00-10:30 (tentative) – Coach Dianne/Jim
- Wednesday: Lakeland HS Pool: 6:30-8:00 (tentative) – Coach Lindsey
Milford or Lakeland High School Pool (TBA)
These practices are still tentative. We’re still working out the details with Huron Valley Pools.
USMS, MAC Team and a MAC Swim Membership will be required to swim.
Saturday Open Water Swims at Dunham Lake
MAC Bike Night at Island Lake State Park
Tom's BIG Swim
Michigan Masters Swimming Regatta at the DYC
Swim to the Moon
MAC - Labor Day Games
Why Swim with MAC?
• Fun and camaraderie in the pool • Learn correct stroke techniques • Increase the efficiency of your strokes • Develop more physical endurance • Certified coaches • Organized summer open water swims and coached summer open water workouts.
Milford Athletic Club is a Non-Profit (501)c Masters swim club that swims at Huron Valley Pools. MAC welcomes all adult swimmers (ages 18 and up) of any ability: beginner, former high school, age group, fitness, triathlete or college swimmers. We offer numerous organized workouts a week. Each workout is coached by a certified Masters coach and runs 1-1/2 hours. Swimmers are grouped by ability into separate lanes, and workouts will vary depending the lane. We off a 1-week FREE trial membership. To join the MAC team, and sign up for Swim Memberships, please visit the MAC Memberships tab at the top of this website.
MAC has won The Michigan State Championship Meet (Michigan Masters), SEVEN consecutive years 2013-2019.
- USMS Membership – Why?: We are requiring a current USMS membership to provide personal insurance to you while you are in the pool. With that membership – you can also participate in any USMS/Michigan Masters swim meet throughout the year.
- MAC Trial: MAC offer a 1-Week Free trial to prospective members to see what our practices, coaches, and facilities are like. You must have an active USMS annual membership, or a 1-week USMS trail membership to swim with MAC. To join USMS visit: usms.org. An active/current USMS Membership is required to register with MAC. You must also join the MAC team. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership and complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
- Inclement Weather/Practice Cancellation Policy: When Huron Valley schools are closed there will be NO Morning MAC practice, and MAC coaches will send out a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification. For Evening Practice a determination will be made by 4:00 pm, based on current conditions, as to whether there will be practice, and a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification will be send out at that time.