Welcome to MAC!
How to Swim with MAC:
Welcome and thank you for your interest in swimming with MAC (Milford Athletic Club). MAC offers practices six days a week for all levels of swimmers, beginner to the former collegiate swimmer. Our current practice schedule is on the right side of the home page. Our home pool is Milford High School and we also have practices at Lakeland High School. To purchase, and complete detailed information about MAC memberships – visit the “Purchase A Membership/Shop” Navigation tab at the top of this website. You can also inquire by email at email@example.com
Interested in checking us out? We offer a one-week trial membership before joining. Please visit our membership page with more details about trial memberships and email us before attending practice. firstname.lastname@example.org
USMS Visitors from out of town: You must have a current USMS membership and show proof of membership (paper or digital) to the coach on deck. All visitors are free of charge but please email us that you will be attending so we can notify the coach on deck. email@example.com
MAC Winter Swim Practice Schedule:
The MAC Weekend Swim Practice Schedule Below:
Note: All times and locations are subject to change. Please watch the MAC Weekly email for exact times and locations.
- Sun 2/5 – Brighton HS Swim Meet
- Sun 2/12 – MHS, 8:30-10:00am
- Sun 2/19 – MHS, 8:30-10:00am
- Sat 2/25 – LHS, 7:15-8:45am
- Sat 3/4 – South Lyon Swim Meet
- Sat 3/11 – LHS, 7:15-8:45am
- Sat 3/18 – Milford Meltdown Home Swim Meet
- Sat 3/26 – MHS, 8:30-10:00am
- Sun 4/2 – MHS, 8:30-10:00am
- Sat 4/8 – LHS, 7:15-8:45am
- Fri, Sat, Sun 4/14-16 – Michigan Masters State Meet. Holland Aquatic Center
- Sat 4/22 – LHS, 7:15-8:45am
- Sun 4/30 – LHS, 8:30-10:00am
- Sat 5/6 – LHS, 7:15-8:45am
- Sat 5/13 – LHS, 7:15-8:45am
- Sun 5/21 – LHS, 8:30-10:00am
MAC Lite & LTS (Learn-to-Swim)
Session II: TBA
MAC Lite is a ‘Learn to Swim Team’ class that prepares you for swimming with a group. All four competitive strokes will be reviewed as well as swim team etiquette, how to read the workout, and much more! Swimmers are expected to be able to swim at least one length of the pool at their first class. A good swimsuit and pair of goggles are required. Fins and kickboards will be provided.
Your first MAC Lite session includes a 1 month free USMS trial (only available once). At the end of your first month, you must register with USMS and may register for another Lite session if available or switch to our regular MAC practices and memberships.
Session II: TBA
MAC LTS (Learn-to-Swim) is a class for those that cannot swim independently at least one length of the pool. The focus of this class is independent swimming and floating as well as learning the basics of freestyle and backstroke. A good swimsuit and pair of goggles are recommended.
Your first MAC LTS session includes a 1 month free USMS trial (only available once). At the end of your first month, you must register with USMS and may register for another LTS session if available or switch to our MAC Lite or our regular MAC practices and memberships.
NEW!! The 6 AM Club!
Zoom-Dryland Classes – from the comforts of your own home! Beginning, Monday, September 19th, join Coach Maria and your MAC teammates for 6am Club! Join in for your chance to be stronger, swim faster, avoid injury!This a HUGE benefit to your swim membership! It’s like you now have a dryland in-home personal trainer!You can also use a 1-Day Pass, or one of the 10-Pack Visits to participate in the 6:00AM Club. To purchase a MAC membership, visit our website: CLICK HERE
HOW IT WILL WORK:
- Workouts are designed by Coach Maria to optimize your athletic performance. Coach Maria is a certified Personal Trainer.
- 6:00-6:45am via Zoom, on Monday / Wednesday / Friday.
- ALL exercises are designed and modified to fit YOUR ability.
- Three different strength and mobility workouts offered each week.
Monday = STRENGTH: Have dumbbells or workout bands, a pole/broomstick, and a bench/chair available. We’ll design workouts to challenge your muscular strength and endurance.
Wednesdays = SUSPEND!: This requires a TRX or similar suspension trainer (contact Coach Maria if you need advice on equipment). We’ll also incorporate some dumbbell & bodyweight work. If you really want to strengthen your core, this workout is for you!
Fridays = MOBILITY: These workouts will focus on flexibility, joint range of motion, joint stability & balance. This exercise uses primarily your body weight, but we’ll incorporate some exercise bands and/or dumbbell work.
Why Swim with MAC?
• Fun and camaraderie in the pool • Learn correct stroke techniques • Increase the efficiency of your strokes • Develop more physical endurance • Certified coaches • Organized summer open water swims and coached summer open water workouts.
Milford Athletic Club is a Non-Profit (501)c Masters swim club that swims at Huron Valley Pools. MAC welcomes all adult swimmers (ages 18 and up) of any ability: beginner, former high school, age group, fitness, triathlete or college swimmers. We offer numerous organized workouts a week. Each workout is coached by a certified Masters coach and runs 1-1/2 hours. Swimmers are grouped by ability into separate lanes, and workouts will vary depending the lane. We off a 1-week FREE trial membership. To join the MAC team, and sign up for Swim Memberships, please visit the MAC Memberships tab at the top of this website.
MAC has won The Michigan State Championship Meet (Michigan Masters), the past SEVEN consecutive years 2013-2019.
- Covid-19. As we swim in the era of Covid-19. Please be aware of other swimmers in your lane, and pool and try to maintain as much social distance as possible.
- USMS Membership – Why?: We are requiring a current USMS membership to provide personal insurance to you while you are in the pool. With that membership – you can also participate in any USMS/Michigan Masters swim meet throughout the year.
- MAC Trial: MAC offer a 1-Week Free trial to prospective members to see what our practices, coaches, and facilities are like. You must have an active USMS annual membership, or a 1-week USMS trail membership to swim with MAC. To join USMS visit: usms.org. An active/current USMS Membership is required to register with MAC. You must also join the MAC team. To purchase a MAC Swim Membership and complete the MAC waiver – CLICK HERE.
- Inclement Weather/Practice Cancellation Policy: When Huron Valley schools are closed there will be NO Morning MAC practice, and MAC coaches will send out a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification. For Evening Practice a determination will be made by 4:00 pm, based on current conditions, as to whether there will be practice, and a Remind, Email, and Facebook notification will be send out at that time.