Saturday Open Water Swims at Dunham Lake
Open Water Lake Swim
Begins Saturday, June 4th
SAVE THE SATURDAY DATES: June 4, 11, 25, July 9, 16, 23, 30 August 13, 20
Dunham Lake Main Beach: 1010 Murray Hill, Highland, 48357.
Meet at 7:45 and hit the water at 8:00am.
Personal swim buoys are required.
Saturday Mornings with Coach Melissa at Dunham Lake in Highland hosted by Carol Schemanske and Candi Good. Please arrive at 7:45am. The parking lot has a locked gate. The gate will be unlocked from 7:45-7:55am before we swim. If you are not there by then, you will not be able to swim.
This is NOT a coached practice but instead a group swim of varying distances and speed. While we generally have a course/distance mapped out, you can adjust the swim for what you’re looking for in a workout. ALL speeds and levels of swimmers welcome. This is for MAC swimmers only. We have limited parking spaces allocated to our group. If you are bringing a friend or family member, they must come in your vehicle. A USMS membership is required. MAC team and Swim membership are NOT required, but you must complete a Saturday Open Water Swim Waiver to swim.
Directions to Dunham Lake:
Main Beach: 1010 Murray Hill, Highland, 48357
- Take M-59 to Tipsico Lake Road north
- 1/4 mile north Tipsico Lake Road curves left, but keep to the right (north)
- Now you’re on Murray Hill
- Murray Hill dead ends at the water – Main Beach is on your right
- Park in the Main Beach parking lot
To Sign Up For REMIND App:
- Go to: remind.com
- Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4-digit code texted to you for verification. If you enter an email address, you will not get the 4-digit code.
- You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
- The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
- The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
- Click Join. That’s it!