August 11th-17th, 2019
Mid-Weekly Schedule (811-8/17):
Thursday 6:00-8:30pm Spring Mill Pond, Island Lake
Saturday 8:00am SSS
8:30-10am Walnut CCC
Sunday Swim to the Moon
Noteworthy: Swim to the Moon is this Sunday, August18th. Team MAC has 24 people currently signed up for STTM! You can still sign up online and join the MAC fun until 8/16 but some events have limited spots open, so don’t wait too long if you’re considering joining us. And if you come that day, swimming or spectating and cheering, come camp out with us under our new MAC tent, which will be set up on the beach! A side note to swimmers in the 5K and 10K races, race coordinators are adding a line of small bouys in the tunnel which means that you will have to swim single file (passing in the tunnel could get you a 5-minute penalty for trying to pass.
Reminder that there is still Saturday morning Swim Spot and Walnut Creek pool practice this Saturday, August 17. You can still get in that last-minute prep-swim before Swim to the Moon on Sunday!
August 18 Swim to the Moon
August 21 TREX TRI
September 2 Labor Day Games
September 16 Fall Season Start
Saturday Swim Spot (SSS): Watch your emails later in the week for an update on location. While Dunham Lake is the home lake for the summer, other lakes will be visited throughout the summer as well. Remind is also used if practices need to be cancelled for inclement weather.
Swim to the Moon: Looking to get a new swim event on your calendar to train for? Consider Swim to the Moon (open water swim event in Pinckney State Recreation Area) on Sunday 8/18! There are distances for everyone: .5 mile, 1.2 mile, 5k and 10k. If you sign up, be sure to select the “Milford Athletic Club (MAC)” team designation so we can track our #BAN MAC swimmers! Click link for more information: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Gregory/SwimTotheMoon
Walnut Creek CC: Walnut Creek Country Club 25505 Johns Road, South Lyon, 48178
Walnut Creek has been generous to offer their pool for our practices. Please remember that you are a guest and respect the facility at all times. All MAC Swimmers must have a USMS membership in order to participate in Walnut Creek practices. If you do not have a current USMS membership we will ask that you register online before starting practice. This is a requirement of our insurance coverage in order to hold practice at Walnut Creek.
- Proper attire: A coverup must be worn at all times in the parking lot – no swim suits or changing in the parking lot is allowed. Even on cloudy days you may want to consider sunscreen as the sun can be quite strong even early in the morning.
- Locker rooms: Locker rooms including shower facilities are available. Please be sure to leave the locker room clean and neat when you leave.
- Equipment: Kickboards and pull buoys are available. A limited supply of fins are available. There are no paddles so we suggest that you bring your own and don’t forget water or sports beverage.
- Sign-In: Each day we’ll have an envelope and sign-in sheet on the table on deck. Practice is $5 and cash only. We’ll have a limited amount of change if you do not have the exact amount.
- Weather: In the event of inclement weather we will use Remind to cancel practice. Please follow the directions on the MAC website to sign up for Remind.
From the Coaches:
Kris: Gone for summer.
On a Personal Note: Congratulations to all of our MAC family that competed in the Mighty Mac Swim last Sunday. You truly are MAC Strong and a driving force in our #BAN! More details to come next weekly!
Communication: If you have questions for any of the coaches don’t hesitate to ask! Here’s a quick list of emails to make that a bit easier!
- Password for the Weekly Communication section of the website is: macswimmers
Facebook: MAC Swimmers – Unofficial team communications
Go to: www.remind.com
1. Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4 digit code texted to you for verification. If you entered an email address, you will not get the 4 digit code.
2. You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
3. The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
3. The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
4. Click Join. That’s it!