May 5th-11th, 2019
Weekly Schedule (5/5-5/11):
Monday 9:30-11am Dianne
Tuesday 9:30-11am Jim Open Water
Wednesday 9:30-11am Dianne
Friday 9:30-11am Dianne Race Pace
Saturday 7:30-9:30am Maria
Noteworthy: Take a look at our Upcoming Event section, we have added many dates for the summer! This week many of our added events are open water, the summer (pool) meet schedule has not been finalized. Here are some of our open water options to look forward to this summer!
Open water swim season will be here before you know it! Here are some options for those of you who are interested in training opportunities and/or events:
- MAC Open Water Swim Practice: The upcoming summer MAC practice schedule will include a Thursday evening practice at Spring Mill Pond with Maria (Starting June 20).
- MAC SSS (Saturday Swim Spots): We’ll continue to have our informal group swims on Saturday mornings. Looking to start this on June 1st – stay tuned for confirmation and details as we get closer! This year we’re looking at making Dunham Lake our “home” lake but still traveling around to other lakes here and there.
- For those of you new to MAC…Coach Melissa and Kim Yarima lead a group swim every Saturday morning during the summer months. It’s not a formal practice and there’s no coaching – just a group swim of varying distances. We use the buddy system and watch out for one another. Various levels and speeds of swimmers – EVERYONE welcome!
- We would strongly recommend that anyone interested in SSS or other open water swims over the summer months, purchase a swim bouy and a whistle. Safety is key when we are out in open waters! Both are easy to find at Swim Outlet or New Wave Swim or even Amazon. Here are links: https://www.amazon.com/New-Wave-Swim-Swimmers-Triathletes/dp/B072MMKXT3/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=D32FUC414PEV&keywords=new+wave+swim+buoy&qid=1557105056&s=gateway&sprefix=new+wave%2Caps%2C267&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1
- Swim to the Moon: Looking to get a new swim event on your calendar to train for? Consider Swim to the Moon (open water swim event in Pinckney State Recreation Area) on Sunday 8/18! There are distances for everyone: .5 mile, 1.2 mile, 5k and 10k. If you sign up, be sure to select the “Milford Athletic Club (MAC)” team designation so we can track our #BAN MAC swimmers! Click link for more information: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Gregory/SwimTotheMoon
May 18 Last Saturday Pool Practice at Milford
June 1 Tentative Start to SSS (Saturday Swim Spot)
June 17 Summer Schedule Starts
June 21 Penguins Plunge
June 26 TREX TRI
July 12 Motor City Mile/Swim Across America
July 24 TREX TRI
August 10 Swim for Grand Traverse Bay
August 11 Mighty Mac Swim
August 18 Swim to the Moon
August 21 TREX TRI
September 2 Labor Day Games
September 16 Fall Season Start
Huron Valley Penguins Plunge – Open Water Meet will be Friday, June 21, 2019 at Island Lake State Park – Kent Lake Beach. 13 & Over Options are 1K, 3K or 5K. Registration and event details will be available soon at: HVPenguins.com
From the Coaches:
Kris: Gone for summer.
Dianne: Now is a great time to ask about certain drills or stroke help from the coaches! Let me know if you’d like to work anything specific, I can adjust! See you this week!
On a Personal Note:
Communication: If you have questions for any of the coaches don’t hesitate to ask! Here’s a quick list of emails to make that a bit easier!
- Password for the Weekly Communication section of the website is: macswimmers
Facebook: MAC Swimmers – Unofficial team communications
Go to: www.remind.com
1. Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4 digit code texted to you for verification. If you entered an email address, you will not get the 4 digit code.
2. You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
3. The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
3. The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
4. Click Join. That’s it!