Saturday Swim Spot:
MAC SSS (Saturday Swim Spots):
SSS information Printable version – CLICK HERE
We’ll continue to have our informal group swims on certain Saturday mornings starting July 11th. This year Dunham Lake in Highland will be our “home” lake.
- For those of you new to MAC…Coach Melissa leads a group swim on certain Saturday mornings during the summer months. It’s not a formal practice and there’s no coaching – just a group swim of varying distances. We use the buddy system and watch out for one another. Various levels and speeds of swimmers – EVERYONE welcome!
It is required that all SSS swimmers swim with a swim buoy or lifeguard rescue tube. and a whistle. You can easily find this at Swim Outlet, New Wave Swim or even Amazon. Here are links: Purchase a Swim Buoy – CLICK HERE
MAC Saturday Swim Spots – Schedule, and General Information
Saturday Swim Spots (SSSs) give you a chance to join a group open water swim. For the 2020 season, we will meet on the Saturdays listed below at Dunham Lake in Highland. Please carefully read the guidelines below for what you need to know:
- This is NOT a coached practice but instead a group swim of varying distances and speed. While we generally have a course/distance mapped out, you can adjust the swim for what you’re looking for in a workout.
- This is NOT exclusive to MAC members! Invite anyone you want to join us.
- ALL speeds and levels of swimmers welcome.
- We watch out for one another in the lake. If you come…we expect you to buddy up with someone of a similar speed and keep a watch on your fellow swimmers.
- It is required that all SSS swimmers swim with a swim buoy or lifeguard rescue tube. You can easily find this at Swim Outlet, New Wave Swim or even Amazon. Here are links: Purchase a Swim Buoy – CLICK HERE
- We will use Remind if there is a need to cancel a swim – if you’re not on the Remind App, use the directions listed below to sign up.
- We will adhere to safety rules regarding lightning and take a conservative approach – if lightning and/or thunder is in the vicinity we will not swim and instead seek shelter as appropriate.
MEET AT 7:45 A.M., HITTING THE WATER BY 8 A.M.
Directions for Dunham Lake:
Main Beach: 1010 Murray Hill, Highland, 48357
- Take M-59 to Tipsico Lake Road north
- 1/4 mile north Tipsico Lake Road curves left, but keep to the right (north)
- Now you’re on Murray Hill
- Murray Hill dead ends at the water – Main Beach is on your right
- Park in the Main Beach parking lot
We are the guests of Carol Schemanske, Tricia Ham and Candi Good. They have obtained permission from the subdivision association to use the lake and parking lot for our swims. Without their presence, we would not be able to swim here. If anyone should ask you…be sure to mention your hosts. (And thank them too.) 🙂
This parking lot has a locked gate. The gate will be locked at 7:55 a.m. If you are not there by then, you will not be able to swim.
The lock works both ways. Most of us swim for the same amount of time and we will unlock the gate at the conclusion of the swim. If you need to leave early or are only planning on swimming a short time, please reach out to one of our hosts ahead of time and let them know so they can make arrangements to let you out.
Questions, contact Melissa Richardson: email@example.com