MAC to the Moon
Since we got rained out Sunday the 16th, we are moving the event to next Sunday, August 23rd.
If you registered last week, you will need to RE-REGISTER, for this week.
Sunday, August 23, 2020
Dunham Lake, Highland, MI
No Cost (free)
You must register for this event by Thursday, August 20th @ Midnight. To Register – CLICK HERE
The course is approximately a 1 mile loop (shown right) with continuous Kayak Support in the middle – YOU pick your distance and the number of loops you’d like to swim! As you make your decisions, keep in mind you will have approximately 3.5 hours to swim.
A big THANK YOU to our Dunham Lake hosts: Carol Schemanske, Tricia Ham and Candi Good.
RULES & THINGS TO KNOW:
Every effort will be made to make this a socially distanced safe event.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES CAREFULLY:
- The Dunham Lake beach is large with plenty of room to spread out. Please Note: There are no changing facilities.
- While on land, please keep minimum 6 feet distance at all times from each other during the event. We’re adhering to current state law regarding COVID-19 – masks are not required outside but welcomed if you so choose.
- Because we are limited on parking, and in an effort to maximize social distancing, this is an event for swimmers only (sorry, no family/friends as spectators).
- This is a self-supported event – please bring your own drinks and nutrition.
- Parking is limited. As a result, after registration closes – you will be notified individually – prior to the event as to where you will park.
- This event is open to all MAC family & friends who are swimmers.
- Swim buoys are REQUIRED for all swimmers.
- Kayakers will be on the course for your safety.
- You must PRE-REGISTER for this event so we can organize support and parking.
In the event of severe weather, we reserve the right to cancel or delay the swim. In the event of a change – we will send out an email to registered swimmers, post on the MAC Facebook page, and send out a MAC Remind, by 6:00 am on race day.
Questions? Contact Coach Melissa or Coach Jim: