August 25th-31st, 2019
Weekly Schedule (8/25-8/31):
Monday, 9/2 8:00am Spring Mill, Labor Day Games
Saturday, 9/7 10:00am Tom Welsh’s House, Long Lk
Noteworthy: Labor Day Games is Monday September 2nd, 8:00am at Spring Mill Pond in Island Lake. This will be a great workout through games and obstacles. There will be prizes! Prizes will be awarded for teams as well as an individual grand prize! Family and friends are welcome and there will be prizes!!! Coach Maria is hosting and will be sure to put together a fantastic finale to the open water season!
The FINAL Big Swim of the season hosted by Tom Welsh will be Saturday, September 7. If you haven’t been able to participate in this event yet this summer, you won’t want to miss this last swim. What a great way to kick off the fall season start on September 16th. Please join us at Tom Welsh’s House on Saturday, September 7rd at 10:00am (Regular SSS will be cancelled). Tom Welsh’s house is located on Long Lake in Hartland. The lake is approximately 2.5 miles around. Any distance you want to swim is okay. There will be a couple of kayaks and a pontoon boat to support the swimmers. We’ll be jumping in around 10:00am. Food and drinks are provided but a small donation can be made; ALL proceeds going to the MAC Team fund! MAC swimmers, guests, and non-swimmers are welcome. RSVP at: firstname.lastname@example.org The address is: 1411 Shady Crest, Hartland, MI.
September 2 Labor Day Games
September 7 Big Swim hosted by Tom Welsh
September 16 Fall Season Start
From the Coaches:
Kris: Gone for summer.
On a Personal Note: Congratulations to Heidi Ward and Jacqueline Thorpe who participated in Ironman 70.3 Traverse City!
Congratulations to Rachel Jones, who competed in the 2019 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final in Lausanne, Switzerland!
Communication: If you have questions for any of the coaches don’t hesitate to ask! Here’s a quick list of emails to make that a bit easier!
- Password for the Weekly Communication section of the website is: macswimmers
Facebook: MAC Swimmers – Unofficial team communications
Go to: www.remind.com
1. Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4 digit code texted to you for verification. If you entered an email address, you will not get the 4 digit code.
2. You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
3. The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
3. The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
4. Click Join. That’s it!