August 18th-24th, 2019
Milford Athletic Club – MAC
Mid-Weekly Schedule (8/18-8/24):
Sunday Swim to the Moon
Monday 9:30-11am MHS
Thursday 6:00-8:30pm Spring Mill Pond, Island Lake
Saturday 8:00am SSS
Noteworthy: Good Luck to all of our MAC family participating in the Swim to the Moon! Come and gather at the MAC tent!
The last TRex Tri of the season will be on Wednesday August 21. Look for the MAC Tent that will be set up near the bike transition exit on the course. Good Luck to all who are planning to compete!
Make sure that you put this year’s Labor Day Games on the calendar and plan to attend on Monday September 2nd.
The FINAL Big Swim of the season hosted by Tom Welsh will be Saturday, September 7. If you haven’t been able to participate in this event yet this summer you won’t want to miss this last swim. What a great way to kick off the fall season start on Spetember 16th. Please join us at Tom Welsh’s House on Saturday, September 7rd at 10:00am (Regular SSS will be cancelled). Tom Welsh’s house is located on Long Lake in Hartland. The lake is approximately 2.5 miles around. Any distance you want to swim is okay. There will be a couple of kayaks and a pontoon boat to support the swimmers. We’ll be jumping in around 10:00am. Food and drinks are provided but a small donation can be made; ALL proceeds going to the MAC Team fund! MAC swimmers, guests, and non-swimmers are welcome. RSVP at: email@example.com The address is: 1411 Shady Crest, Hartland, MI.
August 18 Swim to the Moon
August 21 TREX TRI
September 2 Labor Day Games
September 7 Big Swim hosted by Tom Welsh
September 16 Fall Season Start
Saturday Swim Spot (SSS): Watch your emails later in the week for an update on location. While Dunham Lake is the home lake for the summer, other lakes will be visited throughout the summer as well. Remind is also used if practices need to be cancelled for inclement weather.
Walnut Creek CC: Walnut Creek Country Club 25505 Johns Road, South Lyon, 48178
Walnut Creek has been generous to offer their pool for our practices. Please remember that you are a guest and respect the facility at all times. All MAC Swimmers must have a USMS membership in order to participate in Walnut Creek practices. If you do not have a current USMS membership we will ask that you register online before starting practice. This is a requirement of our insurance coverage in order to hold practice at Walnut Creek.
- Proper attire: A coverup must be worn at all times in the parking lot – no swim suits or changing in the parking lot is allowed. Even on cloudy days you may want to consider sunscreen as the sun can be quite strong even early in the morning.
- Locker rooms: Locker rooms including shower facilities are available. Please be sure to leave the locker room clean and neat when you leave.
- Equipment: Kickboards and pull buoys are available. A limited supply of fins are available. There are no paddles so we suggest that you bring your own and don’t forget water or sports beverage.
- Sign-In: Each day we’ll have an envelope and sign-in sheet on the table on deck. Practice is $5 and cash only. We’ll have a limited amount of change if you do not have the exact amount.
- Weather: In the event of inclement weather we will use Remind to cancel practice. Please follow the directions on the MAC website to sign up for Remind.
From the Coaches:
Kris: Gone for summer.
Dianne: No Walnut Creek practice this Saturday. See you all 8/31 for the last practice of the summer at WCCC.
On a Personal Note: Congrats to all the MAC competitors who competed the Mighty MAC swim last Sunday: Maria Veen, Mike Morgan, Patrick Sturdy, Andy Kennedy, John Cassidy, and Steve Ruch! Here is a link to a finish video from the race: https://youtu.be/RA9Y05BoR-0
Can you spot the MAC swimmers?!?
Communication: If you have questions for any of the coaches don’t hesitate to ask! Here’s a quick list of emails to make that a bit easier!
- Password for the Weekly Communication section of the website is: macswimmers
Facebook: MAC Swimmers – Unofficial team communications
Go to: www.remind.com
1. Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4 digit code texted to you for verification. If you entered an email address, you will not get the 4 digit code.
2. You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
3. The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
3. The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
4. Click Join. That’s it!