August 12th-18th, 2018
Weekly Schedule (08/12-08/18):
Monday, MHS, Pool Training Dianne 9:30-11am
Spring Mill Pond, Open Water Maria 6-7:45pm
Wednesday, MHS, Pool Training, Dianne 9:30-11am
Thursday, MHS, Pool Training, Jim 7-8:30pm
Saturday, SSS, Dunham Lake Melissa 7:45am
Walnut Creek, Pool Training Kris 8:30-10am
Noteworthy: We will still have practice this morning (Monday 8/13) if you’re not headed to Senior Games. Remember, this will be the last Thursday (8/16) night practice of the summer, come and see Jim this Thursday!
Online registration for Swim to the Moon closes on Thursday August 16 BUT they will accept in-person entries Saturday and Sunday 8/18 and 8/19.
Make time on Labor Day for our 2nd Annual Labor Day Games at 8:00am on Monday September 3. See below for Clue #2 (Coaches Notes)!
Saturday Open Water Swim: SSS for Saturday 8/18 will be at Dunham Lake. Look for an email with other details later in the week. Even if you are swimming Swim to the Moon, Saturday can be a great swim to loosen up for the race!
August 13 Senior Olympics Oakland Univ.
August 16 Last Thursday (7-8:30pm) practice of the summer.
August 19 Swim to the Moon Half Moon Lake
August 22 TRex Tri Island Lake
September 3 Labor Day Games, Spring Mill Pond
September 17 Fall Season/Schedule Start
April 12-14, 2019 (Pending) MI Masters State Meet Waterford Mott HS
Walnut Creek Swims: Here are some important things to know about swimming at Walnut Creek:
Time: Saturdays (8/18, 8/25), 8:30-10:00am
Walnut Creek Country Club
25501 Johns Road
South Lyon, 48178
• You must be USMS registered to participate. If you are not we will require you register before jumping in the pool. This is a requirement of the insurance coverage through USMS.
• It is $5 cash on the pool deck. We will have an envelope on the table with a sign in sheet so we can keep track of attendance as well. Typically we have change but it’s helpful if you bring a $5. This covers the cost of the lifeguard and coach for practice. If you forget we will work on the honor system – bring it next time.
• There are kickboards available but that is it so bring your own gear!
• We will be using Remind to cancel in the event of inclement weather – NOT EMAIL!
Senior Olympics: Registration for the 2018 Michigan Senior Games has closed.
Swim to the Moon: August 19th at Half Moon Lake! Let’s continue MAC’s tradition of excellence and participation in this fantastic event! Check out the website (https://epicraces.com/event/swim-to-the-moon/) and also our spin-off Facebook page MAC to the Moon! Registration closes for online/mail-in entries on Thursday August 16th buy they will accept in-person entries both Saturday 8/18 and Sunday 8/19.
Labor Day Games: Last year’s Games were such a hit we’re going to bring them back annually! This year the Games will be held on Monday September 3, 8:00am at Spring Mill Pond. We will have games and prizes and (hopefully) brunch/lunch afterwards! Don’t fret we will have trivia for all of you swimming buffs out there so brush up on your history and make sure you know what 6/1 hesitation is…We hope to see you then!
From the Coaches:
Kris: Gone for the summer.
Melissa: SSS at Dunham Lake on Saturday 8/18!
Maria: Labor Day Games Clue #2 obstacles abound! We’ve got prizes!
Dianne: See you this morning if your not headed to Senior Games.
On a Personal Note: Good Luck to everyone swimming Senior Games this morning at Oakland University! Look for highlights next week!
Last Wednesday the morning practice group had the pleasure of seeing Barb Hertz who stopped in to see her MAC family! It was great to see her as she is well on her road to recovery!
Communication: If you have questions for any of the coaches don’t hesitate to ask! Here’s a quick list of emails to make that a bit easier!
- Password for the Weekly Communication section of the website is: macswimmers
Facebook: MAC Swimmers – Unofficial team communications
Go to: www.remind.com
1. Click Sign Up. You will be prompted for a phone number or email address. If you enter a phone number you will get a 4 digit code texted to you for verification. If you entered an email address, you will not get the 4 digit code.
2. You will be asked to enter: First, Last Name and a Password.
3. The next page will ask who you are: Teacher, Student, Parent, or Administrator. Select “Student”.
3. The next prompt is for a class code @_________. Enter: macsw06
4. Click Join. That’s it!